All Design builds are WordPress.
- More than 810,000,000 active websites use WordPress as of 2023.
- As of April 2023, 43.5% of all active sites worldwide run on WordPress.
- More than 500 websites are created via WordPress daily.
- Over 409 million users visit WordPress pages monthly.
Websites that use WordPress
ELEGANT THEMES and DIVI BUILDER
MacKenzie is partnered with Elegant Themes and the Divi page builder. We own a lifetime developer’s license and can provide many of the resources mentioned here at no additional cost to the business owner.
- Divi was first created in 2013 and it has regular updates nearly every month.
- Currently, there are 2,295,640 websites live that are built with the Divi theme.
Available no-cost layouts are included with every website I build
Optional third-party layouts with some demos (many more available = various prices) – Here are some free layouts and demos.
Many Plugins are available at no additional cost here are a few examples:
Integrations with Divi
Marketplace with thousands of add-ons, templates, etc…
For Ecommerce, I use WooCommerce the #1 e-commerce platform for WordPress. As of July 2023, WooCommerce has the highest market share of 38.74%. The WooCommerce plugin is used by 93.7% of all WordPress e-commerce sites. WooCommerce has over 6.3 million active shops.
Shop Examples: https://woocommerce.com/showcase/
Automatic is the parent company of both WooCommerce and WordPress
See my blog for articles on WordPress.com versus WordPress.org
Why Should I Hire MacKenzie Arts and Design
- Cost-Effective: our lower overhead means lower costs compared to large agencies. Especially advantageous for small businesses or startups with limited budgets.
- Personalized Attention: We work on only a few projects at a time which means we provide more personalized attention to your project
- More Accessible: For direct communication, leading to a better understanding of your unique needs.
- Specialized Expertise: While we provide a range of services we focus on WordPress web designs for small businesses.
- Flexibility: We adapt quickly to changes in project scope or requirements, making us more agile, and we can accommodate tight deadlines or unexpected adjustments.
- Faster Turnaround: Due to their focused work and fewer administrative layers, we can often complete projects more quickly than larger agencies.
- Direct Communication: Working directly with a us designer enables you to have more direct and immediate communication. This can foster a better working relationship and ensure your vision and feedback are well understood.
- Customization: We will create a website tailored specifically to your brand and objectives that align with your business goals.
- Lower Risk: We require smaller upfront deposits and flexible payment terms. This reduces your financial risk compared to larger agencies.
- Access to a Global Talent Pool: When you require something extra, we source talent from around the world.
- Reduced Bureaucracy: With fewer layers of decision-making and less bureaucracy, working with us can result in a streamlined and more efficient development process.
- Long-Term Relationship: Building a long-term relationship with a us can be beneficial, as we become familiar with your brand, style, and ongoing needs.
- Cost Transparency: We provide transparent pricing and billing, making it easier to understand where your budget is allocated and what services are included.
Why not DIY on WIX or SQUARESPACE?
Your time is Valuable
- Time Savings: Building a website, even with a user-friendly DIY platform, can be time-consuming. Business owners have numerous responsibilities, and their time is often better spent on core business activities, such as strategy, customer service, and product development.
- Hiring a professional like MacKenzie allows business owners to leverage the designer’s skills while focusing on their own strengths and objectives.
- Efficiency: MacKenzie Arts and Design will build your website more efficiently due to our experience and expertise.
- Quality Assurance: MacKenzie will ensure your website is well-designed and functions properly from the start, reducing the likelihood of time-consuming issues and troubleshooting down the road. In addition, we guarantee your website will function properly.
- Long-Term Time Savings: While the initial investment may seem substantial, there are long-term time savings. A professionally designed website requires less downtime, ongoing maintenance, and troubleshooting,
- Faster Launch: DIY users may take longer to create and fine-tune their websites compared to a professionally built website by MacKenzie Arts and Design.
- Focus on Growth: Instead of spending time on website design, business owners can focus on growing their business, acquiring customers, and expanding their reach. This can ultimately lead to greater revenue and success.
- Peace of Mind: MacKenzie Arts and Design will provide you with peace of mind. Business owners can trust that their new website is in capable hands, allowing them to focus on running their business without worrying about technical issues.
Other reasons to hire MacKenzie over DIY
- Customer Engagement: MacKenzie will create a user-friendly, visually appealing website that engages customers effectively. A well-designed website will enhance customer retention and satisfaction, ultimately saving time on acquiring new customers.
- Customization: MacKenzie will create a completely custom website tailored to your brand and unique business needs. DIY platforms often have limitations in terms of design flexibility and customization options. MacKenzie will craft a website that stands out from the competition. MacKenzie’s design skills will help you create a distinctive online presence.
- Professionalism: A professionally designed website by MacKenzie will convey a sense of professionalism and credibility to your audience. This will be particularly important for businesses looking to make a strong first impression.
- Optimized Performance: MacKenzie will ensure that your website is optimized for performance, speed, and user experience. DIY builders may not provide the same level of optimization, which will impact your site’s search engine ranking and user satisfaction.
- Responsive Design: MacKenzie will create a responsive design that adapts seamlessly to various devices and screen sizes. Ensuring a consistent and user-friendly experience on mobile devices is crucial in today’s digital landscape.
- SEO Expertise: MacKenzie will incorporate SEO best practices into your website’s design and content, improving its chances of ranking well in search engines. DIY users may not have the same level of SEO knowledge and experience.
- Technical Expertise: MacKenzie will handle technical aspects like domain setup, hosting, security, and website maintenance, allowing you to focus on your core business activities. DIY users may need to manage these tasks themselves, which will be time-consuming and challenging.
- Content Strategy: MacKenzie will assist in developing a content strategy that aligns with your business goals, ensuring that your website effectively communicates your message and engages your target audience.
- Troubleshooting and Support: If issues arise with your website, MacKenzie will provide timely support and troubleshooting. DIY users may need to rely on customer support from the DIY platform, which may not always be as responsive or knowledgeable.
- Time Savings: Building a website from scratch or customizing a template will be time-consuming, especially if you’re not experienced. Hiring MacKenzie allows you to save time and focus on other aspects of your business.
- Long-term Partnership: MacKenzie can establish a long-term working relationship with you, providing ongoing updates, maintenance, and support as your business grows and evolves.
- Quality Assurance: MacKenzie can ensure that your website is thoroughly tested for functionality and usability, reducing the likelihood of technical issues that DIY websites may encounter.
OWNERSHIP AND PRIVACY of DIY Vs. a MacKenzie Arts and Design WordPress website.
Wix and Squarespace, like many other online platforms, have terms of service and privacy policies that outline how they handle user data. Here are some general points to consider regarding your data on Wix and Squarespace:
- Ownership of Content: In most cases, you retain ownership of the content you create and upload to your Wix or Squarespace website. However, by using these platforms, you typically grant them a license to use, display, and distribute your content solely for the purpose of providing their services to you. This license is usually limited to the extent necessary to operate the platform.
- Data Collection: Both Wix and Squarespace collect certain user data, as outlined in their respective privacy policies. This may include information such as IP addresses, cookies, and usage statistics. They use this data for various purposes, including improving their services, providing customer support, and, in some cases, for marketing and advertising.
- Data Security: These platforms generally have measures in place to protect your data, including encryption and security protocols. However, it’s essential to review their privacy policies to understand how they handle and secure your data.
- Data Sharing: Both platforms may share your data with third-party service providers that help them deliver their services, such as hosting, analytics, or payment processing. They may also share data as required by law or respond to legal requests.
- Marketing and Analytics: Wix and Squarespace may use data for marketing purposes, such as sending promotional emails or displaying targeted ads. They may also provide analytics tools to help you understand how visitors interact with your site.
- Data Deletion: You typically have the option to delete your data from these platforms when you decide to close your account or discontinue using their services. However, some data may be retained for a specific period for legal or operational purposes.
It’s crucial to read and understand the terms of service and privacy policies of these platforms before using them to ensure you are comfortable with how your data will be handled.
Portability and Domain Control
The portability of a website refers to how easily you can transfer or migrate your website to another hosting provider or platform.
Wix and other DIY Platforms:
- Limited Portability: Websites created on platforms like Wix or Squarespace are less portable compared to custom-built solutions. These platforms use proprietary technology and do not provide straightforward methods to export your entire website.
- Domain Ownership: With DIY platforms, your domain may be registered through the platform itself. This will complicate the process of transferring your domain to another provider if you decide to leave the platform.
- Content and Data: Exporting content and data from a DIY platform like Wix may not always be straightforward. While these platforms may offer export options for basic content, complex websites with custom features may face challenges in migrating data and functionality.
Custom-built WordPress Website:
- High Portability: WordPress is known for its high portability. Since it’s built on open-source technology, you have full access to your website’s files and database, making it relatively easy to migrate your site to a different hosting provider..
- Domain Control: With a custom-built WordPress site, you have more control over your domain registration. You can choose to register your domain with a separate domain registrar, giving you greater flexibility to move your domain as needed.
- Design and Customization: Custom-built WordPress websites often allow for more extensive design and functionality customization.
But I still want to make future changes on my own. I don’t want to have to pay someone every time I need a small edit.
MacKenzie Arts and Design uses the DIVI builder. This makes your website as easy to edit as a DIY website. We can provide training and extensive online videos as part of your build.
Divi Theme Layouts – To show examples of what we can build. Customers may select some templates they like prior to signing on.
GINKO DESIGN – For brand new websties. Good for the non-technical person who wants everything done for them.