WordPress is really great software and it’s typically very secure. Most all of my websites are designed on WordPress. It’s important to not that HACKERS also love WordPress. How can you avoid being hacked?
- Update your passwords to something more secure. 10 characters with upper & lower case letters, numbers and symbols.
- Don’t use the same password for everything.
- Never use “admin” or “administrator” as your username.
- Configure a security plugin on your site and monitor all alerts. I recommend Wordfence.
- Update WordPress, themes and plugins as soon as updates become available.
- Delete any unused plugins.
- Consider purchasing additional security from your host provider. I recommend SiteLock.
It may be beneficial to hire someone to manage your website. MacKenzie Arts & Design offers basic website management for $50 per month.